3 minor issues

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Sat May 22 14:26:25 UTC 2004

On May 21, 2004 at 22:25, Marc Williams in a soothing rage wrote:

>As much as I have enjoyed FC2 so far, I have run into a few things I
>wonder might be bugs.
>
>1) My IDE HDD spins down on a reboot.  It's never done that with any
>other distro that I've run on this machine.  I don't think I like it.
>Is this now normal?
Yes, it seems so.

>2) I really like the new up2date round robin (or whatever the mirror
>selection method is).  But there's a couple of those random mirrors that
>perform well below expectation.  Is there any way of eliminating those
>problem mirrors from my list?
Yes comment them out in your /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources.

>3) It used to be with FC1 (and earlier) when using vi and less in a
>console that the end and home keys would function like g and G.  It
>doesn't now.  Any way to get that back?
Maybe. Search the list archives for the past couple of
days. Someone else has had this or a similar problem.

N.Emile...
What makes us so bitter against people who outwit us is that they think
themselves cleverer than we are.
 10:24:43  up 4 days, 15:15,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00