3 minor issues

Marc Williams marcw at onlymooo.com
Sat May 22 14:47:59 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-05-22 at 09:26, ne... wrote:
> On May 21, 2004 at 22:25, Marc Williams in a soothing rage wrote:
>
> >1) My IDE HDD spins down on a reboot.  It's never done that with any
> >other distro that I've run on this machine.  I don't think I like it.
> >Is this now normal?
> Yes, it seems so.

Rats.  I would think that this behavior would put unnecessary stress on
the HDD.

> >2) I really like the new up2date round robin (or whatever the mirror
> >selection method is).  But there's a couple of those random mirrors that
> >perform well below expectation.  Is there any way of eliminating those
> >problem mirrors from my list?
> Yes comment them out in your /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources.

There's nothing to comment out.  The mirrors aren't listed there. They
are listed in the page that the entries in the sources file points to.
It would be nice to be somehow able to selectively exclude sites you
don't want to pull from.

> >3) It used to be with FC1 (and earlier) when using vi and less in a
> >console that the end and home keys would function like g and G.  It
> >doesn't now.  Any way to get that back?
> Maybe. Search the list archives for the past couple of
> days. Someone else has had this or a similar problem.

Hmmm...  Ok, I'll try.  Thanks!