K3b cannot burn a CD

ByteEnable ByteEnable at austin.rr.com
Sat May 22 16:24:45 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have tried k3b on two different machines with two different CD writers.  K3b
is unable to burn a CD correctly.

On one machine it can never finish writing the pre track burn, but complains
of buffer problem when it hasn't actually used the buffer yet.

Other machine, k3b burns at speeds greater than I have specified, resulting in
burn errors.  The drive is only rated at 2X burn, but k3b is burning at 4X
even when I have specified to burn at 2X!

Has anybody had any success with k3b on Fedora 2?

Thanks,

Byte