sendmail and libmilter

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sat May 22 19:05:48 UTC 2004

Am Sa, den 22.05.2004 schrieb aspamtrap at cox.net um 20:14:

> I see that milter was enabled when compiling sendmail for FC1.  The problem I am having
> is that the libmilter library files do not seem to have been installed.  Is there a package that I
> can install to get these files?  Without having to recompile and reinstall sendmail hopefully?

Install sendmail-devel if you need the libmilter files for compiling
applications needing the files during compilation.

> Any ideas why these files would not be installed when installing the sendmail and sendmail-cf
> packages?

Yes, just because the files are not necessary at run time.

> jay

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl
Sirendipity 21:04:25 up 3:01, 10 users, 0.08, 0.14, 0.15
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]