Blessed -- thrice blessed -- be the developers!

Beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Sat May 22 21:06:41 UTC 2004

I first got FC1 maybe three months or so after it came out; got it
installed & configured after much help online (especially on and under
novalug) -- and liked it very much.

Then I went out and bought a fancy flat panel monitor, a BenQ FP767 -- and
had so much grief with configuring that, that I finally despaired and went
back, with deep regret, to RH9.

Just the other day I picked up a couple of books in a local store that
came with CDs -- one, Ball & Duff, actually also had a DVD; and the
machine I put it on this time has a reader; so I used that, and of course
ran up2date at once. It wasn't long till I thought to check the GUI
display configuration -- and there, lo and behold!, was an entry for the
FP767. Bingo! I swapped monitors, connecting the flat one to the FC1
machine; chose that entry in the configurator -- and it just runs!

Vast is my gratitude, vast! Bless them every one! (And if somebody who can
post to their list will kindly point to this post, TIA for that -- I'm not
competent even to *read* a developers' list, let alone cruft it up with my
subscription. But I sure do enjoy the work of those who are!) Free beer
and adulation await any who pass through Blacksburg, Virginia.

--
Beartooth Implacable, curmudgeonly codger learning linux
Work is for people who can't hunt.