MP3 in KDE on FC2

Dusan Djordjevic dj.dule at beotel.yu
Sun May 23 07:28:02 UTC 2004

Hi all,

How should I make MP3 work in KDE (I use Juk) on Fedora Core 2 ? This is what
i tried:

-Downloaded and installed libtag and libtag-devel RPMs
-Downloaded lame source and rebuilt and installed it (prefix /usr)
-Downloaded libmusicbrains source, rebuilt and installed it (prefix /usr)

And after all this i rebuilt kdemultimedia from SRPM. During configure it
found lame, so MP3 should work. When I installed packages, they complained:

error: Failed dependencies:
        libmp3lame.so.0 is needed by kdemultimedia-3.2.2-2
        libmusicbrainz.so.4 is needed by kdemultimedia-3.2.2-2

but i suppose it is beacuse I built those packages from source.

But MP3 still do not work. Any suggestions ?

Thank you in advance...
--
Eng. Dusan Djordjevic (RHCE)