Touchpad + USB mouse on FC2

Dusan Djordjevic dj.dule at beotel.yu
Sun May 23 10:58:04 UTC 2004

> I've just done a fresh FC2 install on a Sony PGC-Z1XSP which comes with
> an Alps touchpad. If I boot without a USB mouse attached the touchpad
> and keyboard are both detected,
snip..

> But if I boot with a USB mouse attached then the touchpad isn't detected
> and nothing I can think of will bring it to life.
>
> OTOH, attaching the USB mouse _after_ boot works just fine: X responds
> to both the touchpad and the mouse via /dev/input/mice.

Check section "ServerLayout" of /etc/X11/xorg.conf

When you have more than one pointer, all except one should be described as
AlwaysCore. Main should be (in your case alps) CorePointer. I have similar
setup with Synaptic touchpad:

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "Default Layout"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "AlwaysCore"
        InputDevice    "Synaptics Mouse"  "CorePointer"
EndSection

--
Eng. Dusan Djordjevic (RHCE)