scanner permisssions

Peter L. Hurd phurd at ualberta.ca
Sun May 23 18:53:56 UTC 2004

Hey All,

I can run my USB Lide30 scanner fine under FC2, but only as root.

It appears that I need to reset some permissions, but I cannot figure
out how.  I cannot get xsane into any kind of verbose mode, and I'm
starting to get the feeling that I can't find any /dev/scanner file to
change permissions on because it's just not that simple..

Some mumbling on the sane-devel list seems to point to needing to edit
/etc/hotplug/usb.usermap, but the file is totally opaque!

Is there a device file to change permissions on, or not?

-P.

--
Peter L. Hurd                                  Department of Psychology
Assistant Professor                               University of Alberta