[FC2] How to add fonts?

Sun May 23 19:14:16 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-23 at 21:02, Carlo Malfatti wrote:
> quote
> the new font file only needs to be copied into the /usr/share/fonts/
> directory (individual users can modify their personal font configuration
> by copying the font file into the ~/.fonts/ directory).
>
> After the new font has been copied, use fc-cache to update the font
> information cache:
>
> fc-cache <directory>
>
> (Where <directory> would be either the /usr/share/fonts/ or ~/.fonts/
> directories.)

Oups, I feel a bit stupid :/ I have been googling for a while and this
was in the releases notes :(

> Individual users may also install fonts graphically, by browsing
> fonts:/// in Nautilus, and dragging the new font files there.
> unquote

Gosh, I found this directory! But as it was fonts:/// I had no idea how
to access it! I should use more the drag and drop function!

Thxs for the help!
Ludo
http://www.lubox.com - http://forum.lubox.com
Email Services, How-To (Linux,PHP,...),...
Come have a look, and you can even drop a msg on the forum!
--
Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on i686 CPU kernel 2.6.5-1.358
@ 21:14:09 up 2 days,  7:50,  4 users,  load average: 2.07, 2.50, 2.65