Sound Driver gone!

Ted Gervais ve1drg at av.eastlink.ca
Sun May 23 22:30:20 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-23 at 18:00, Olaf Mueller wrote:
> Ted Gervais wrote:
>
> > " device /dev/dsp can't be opened (no such device)
> What is the output of /usr/bin/system-config-soundcard?
> Is your soundcard still detected under fc2?
> Try to run alsaconf.

Hi Olaf, and everyone on the list.

When I run system-config-soundcard, up comes a little pop-up that
reads:  The following audio device was detected.
	'Creative labs'
	'SB live!. Emu10K1 snd-emu10K1

"Play test sound"....  and nothing was heard.

The following is the output of 'system-config-soundcard' :

[root at mach3 root]# system-config-soundcard
amixer: Mixer attach default error: No such device
amixer: Mixer attach default error: No such device
sox: Can't open output file '/dev/dsp': No such device
-9

It appears that maybe I don't have the actual driver?  or it is not
configured??  Hmmmmm..

--
Ted Gervais
Coldbrook, Nova Scotia