FC1 for ppc??

Kevin F. Berrien kblists at comcast.net
Mon May 24 01:13:19 UTC 2004

You want Yellow Dog Linux (www.yellowdoglinux.com).  Yellow Dog takes
Red Hat distributions and rebuilds them for PPC systems.  So if you used
to Red Hat, they are 99.8%  identical.  Present version is 3.0, which is
really Red Hat 9.  There is talk of v4.0, Fedora soon.  I run YDL 3 on a
work Wallstreet Powerbook 233mzh flawlessly.  Installation on OLD-ROM
Mac's takes a few more steps.