Fedora and SGI 1600SW Monitor

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Mon May 24 11:59:01 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-24 at 13:57, Alexander Apprich wrote:
> Marc Mouries wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > During the setup of FC1, i was asked to select the type of monitor i have
> > and to enter the vsync and hsync of this monitor (which is a SGI 1600SW)
> > but this was not asked with FC2 and when i reboot after the setup
> > my screen goes kind of white.
> >
> > Anybody with a SGI 1600SW succeed to use Fedora ? Or do i have
> >  to try another distribution ? RH9 ? Mandrake ?
> >

> What graphic card do you have? If it's not a Number Nine Revolution, you
> must have a Multi Link Adapter (MLA). As root type
>
>       /sbin/lspci
>
> What is the output? I guess it's not a problem of the Flatpanel, I guess
> it the server for the Graphic Card...
>
> Alex
Howzit Marc , Alex

I have mentioned it before and it could possibly apply here. I
discovered that with my LCD displays we were getting "input not
supported errors" the reason for this was the refresh rates were to high
for these screens. I just experienced the same trouble on the 15"
Proline Monitors and discovered it was the same.
On the LCD the refresh detected (or didn't detect and set it default)
the LCD @ 85Hz fortunately on the LCD you can still see, but the CRT yo
can't, I simply set it down to 75Hz and it worked.
I have had several problematic monitors with linux and this almost
always fixes it.

Chadley - Linux Rocks
Welcome to my world.
This mail is free for distribution. You are free to - delete it - resend
it - use it in anyway that makes you happy. I am not responsible for it
or its content due to ignorance.
Enjoy the adventures of Linux