FC2 and system clock running twice as fast

Bryan J. Field bfield at ic.sunysb.edu
Mon May 24 15:23:41 UTC 2004

Hello again,

Thanks to those of you that have helped look at this problem. I've had an
opportunity to look at my porblem more carefully.

I updated from fc1 to fc2 and now my system clock is running twice as
as fast as it should (two seconds go by every second, the hour glass mouse
icon goes over twice as fast, the cursor blinks twice as fast, etc) and
the processor seems to be running twice too slow. It should be running at
366 MHz, but it reads 182 MHz according to gkrellm even when it is running
on AC power.

I had an ealier suggestion to turn off cpuspeed, which I did, but it did
not help the porblem.

Any suggestions? If I can't get this to work, I'll have to go back to FC1.

      Bryan J. Field <bfield at ic.sunysb.edu>

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major
problems just with potatoes.

-- Douglas Adams, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy