Screen resolution preference problem (FC1)

David Masterson dsm at rawbw.com
Sun May 23 18:11:32 UTC 2004

I have a dual CPU AMD Athlon system that I just installed FC1 on (from
scratch).  I also have a ASUS V7100 display board (NVidia chipset) and
I've upgraded to the latest NVidia driver (as well as changed "nv" to
"nvidia" in XF86Config).  So far, things seem to be working except for
adjusting the resolution properly.  On one account on my system, I set a
lower screen resolution (to make things larger) of 1024x768.  When I
logged out of that account, the screen resolution failed to reset to the
default and, thus, some of the login screen was off the display.  At
least, I think the default resolution is 1280x1024 (how do I check that
that is the *default*?).  I think the problem is that the X server
failed to reset properly when I logged out (I should see the NVidia logo
when it does reset).  This worked for me under RH8 on the same system
(although I think the NVidia driver is newer).

    * How do I verify the installation of the NVidia driver?
    * How do I check if the X server is being reset properly?
    * Any other pointers?

David Masterson