network interface not showing up in network device control app

Peter Boy pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de
Mon May 24 18:40:40 UTC 2004

Am Sa, den 22.05.2004 schrieb dsyates um 04:14:
> When I run the network device control app under the systems tools menu,
> the window that pops up that normally shows network interfaces, shows none.
> This is odd to me becuase with FC1 this wasn't the case, becuase the
> netowrk monitor applet and hardware browser have no problem detecting my
> network interface. And becuase I set it up normally during install, and
> am using it (eth0) now.
> Has anyone else experienced this behavior?

I had this sort of problem with FC1. If a opened a terminal window, made
a su to root an startet redhat-config-network (now
system-config-network) I saw all my interfaces.

A solution was: I deleted all IFs (program startet from console as root)
and then startet the program in the usual way and added all my
interfaces.

Peter