FC2 - Another Newbie Question

Paul D. Brown pdb at pdb.homelinux.net
Mon May 24 22:57:43 UTC 2004

On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 06:41:50PM -0300, Betti Ann & Preston Smith wrote:
> Where can one find a comprehensive list of the various utilities that are
> available to examine/change/configure/add/delete various aspects of
> Fedora?  Such as the 'switch desk' utility someone just mentioned ....
>
> Such info should be in a Linux/Fedora Newcomers FAQ so that we do not have
> to bother people with these basics.
>
> Regretfully, this is a very basic question that in my mind must be answered
> if neophytes like me are ever to make a 100 per cent conversion to Linux.
>
> Preston

I've generally found it helpful to use bash autocompletion to get a good
list.  Get a terminal and type system-config- then tab twice and you'll
get a list something like the following:

$ system-config-
system-config-authentication     system-config-printer
system-config-date               system-config-printer-gui
system-config-display            system-config-printer-tui
system-config-httpd              system-config-rootpassword
system-config-keyboard           system-config-samba
system-config-language           system-config-securitylevel
system-config-mouse              system-config-securitylevel-tui
system-config-network            system-config-services
system-config-network-cmd        system-config-soundcard
system-config-network-druid      system-config-time
system-config-packages           system-config-users

This is for sure not exhaustive but provides a very easy start.

Paul