Suspend or hibernate - how?

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Tue May 25 19:42:36 UTC 2004

On Mon, 24 May 2004, Leon Stringer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> With FC2, can you suspend to disk or RAM without any additional patches? If
> so what's the command?
>
> I've been searching on this and as far as I can see FC2 includes ACPI support
> but no way hibernate.
>
> If there is a way, shouldn't the Battery Charge Monitor applet include this
> in the "Suspend command" setting (instead of a command which doesn't work.
> i.e. /usr/bin/apm -s).
>
> Anyone got this going reliably with the default install or with patches?
>
> Leon...
> (Using FC2 on a Tecra 9000).

I've tried suspend to ram - not disk. If ACPI were to work you could
do the following as root:

echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep

However ACPI doesnt' work verywell for me - so I use apm. This is
enabled when you use the kerel option 'acpi=off' in /boot/grub/menu.lst

Satish
(Still FC1 - but experimenting with FC2 on IBM ThinkPad T40)