Network loads before pcmcia

Anthony J Placilla anthony_placilla at suth.com
Wed May 26 15:35:50 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 10:40, Jason Parks wrote:
> How can I change the boot order so my pcmcia comes up before the
> network card and I don’t get booted from the graphic boot loader?
>

> Jason Parks

The startup sequence is determined by the symlinked run control scripts
in the various directories under /etc/rc.d/

For example on my machine /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/ contains the following line
to start the network
S10network

looking deeper you can see that it's symlinked to the actual init script
[root at ajplacilla rc3.d]# ls -l |grep S10
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 17 Jan 21 08:57 S10network ->../init.d/network

what you can do is find the relevant lines in each rc# dir & edit them
so pcmcia start before network Your would look something like
S10pcmcia
S11network

Make sure you then edit the symlinks that start with K to stop network
before stopping pcmcia

do that in rc3,4 & 5.d

--
Tony Placilla, RHCT
anthony_placilla at suth.com

perl -e 'print $i=pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10);'