Can't configure Diamond Fire GL 1000 Pro in Fedora Core 2

David Dzenitis davedzenitis at hotmail.com
Wed May 26 20:21:50 UTC 2004

Hi all!

I am a Linux newbie so any help you can offer would be hugely appreciated.

I have a Diamond Fire GL 1000 Pro video card and an Envison 15" LCD monitor
(EN-LM500).

I have tried using the "Display Settings" tool (under "System Settings" in
GNOME) to change the detected video card from "3DLabs Permedia2 (generic)"
to the video card I actually have.  Also, my monitor isn't listed so I am
using the "LCD Panel 1024x768" setting.  Every time I make the change, I am
told to log out and then log back in for the settings to take affect.
However, everytime I do this, the settings go back to what they were before,
leaving me stuck with an 800x600 display at 256 colors.  Even though
/etc/X11/xorg.conf appears to show the changes, running that "Display
Settings" tool shows everything defaulting to what I've mentioned.

Is anybody familiar with this problem or can anybody help?  Thanks so much!!
-Dave