UK keyboard layout with winkeys

Dylan Parry me at dylanparry.com
Wed May 26 22:35:53 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have a UK keyboard with Windows keys either side of the spacebar, but no
matter what I do I cannot get them to work! I have selected a UK keyboard
layout in my xorg.conf, and testing it with xev shows that the keys are
actually producing an input.

When I go to the KDE control centre and click on keyboard shortcuts, and
try to select a layout with 4 modifier keys or the Windows keyboard
layout, it tells me that my current keyboard does not have these keys - am
I just seeing things?!

Under the keyboard layouts tab in the control centre, when I enable
keyboard layouts, there are no layouts to choose from, so I am at a loss
as to how and what I should change the current configuration to in order
to get KDE to see these keys...

Any ideas?

P.S. I am using FC2, if that makes any difference.

--
Dylan Parry