3C509 Config Problem

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu May 27 17:08:07 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 27.05.2004 schrieb douglas at croydongroup.com.hk um 18:27:

> I have installed the network card 3C509 on FC1. I used the 3Com config tools
> (3c5x9config.exe) to set the network card to IRQ 11. It recognizes the network
> card as 3Com Etherlink III eth0. But I can't activate eth0. Determinig IP
> information failed.
>
> The Linux box is connected with a hub. Cable has been checked with cable tester,
> OK. Connected to the Internet via another Window PC, no problem. Therefore, the
> hub is fine.
>
> Any suggestion to solve the config problem on 3C509? Change IRQ?

> Douglas

Is that an ISA card? Then make sure you preserve the IRQ you did set
with the 3Com tool inside the motherboard BIOS. Check with "cat
/proc/interrupts" and "cat /proc/ioports" that the resources are free.

See too:

http://www.fedorafaq.org/fc1/#3c905

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl
Sirendipity 19:05:48 up 5 days, 1:02, load average: 0.68, 0.45, 0.32
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]