"Kernel panic: Attempted to kill init!".

David Harris dharris at macquarie.net.au
Thu May 27 23:27:33 UTC 2004

I'm getting the following message when booting FC2 disk 1 on my Dell GX260:

"Kernel panic: Attempted to kill init!".

I got this error on a dual boot system. Neither O/S would boot. It was a
loose HDD connector to the motherboard.

"Macquarie Corporate Telecommunications - The Next Generation Integrated IT
and
Telecommunications Carrier that transforms your voice, data & online
complexities into solutions"

Confidentiality Note: This e-mail is sent to and intended for use by the
named addressees only.  It contains confidential information. If you
receive this e-mail in error, please telephone  Macquarie Corporate
Telecommunications Pty Ltd on +612 8221 7777, and then delete this
message immediately. Further, you should not re-transmit, copy, store,
or reveal the contents of this message to any third party.