fc2 will not install to sata

Linux linux at herbasource.com
Sat May 29 08:24:11 UTC 2004

From: <reg at dwf.com>
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2004 7:15 PM
Subject: Re: fc2 will not install to sata

> Wrote FC2 to SATA fine here on an INTEL motherboard, dont know about AMD
> --
>                                         Reg.Clemens
>                                         reg at dwf.com

Hi Reg

Yes so it seems that fc2 is ok on Intel boards, however Karsten gave me some
pointers yesterday about how he set up his K8V mb with sata and fc2 which he
said worked but not for me.

I also don't agree that it has anything to do with bios etc as fc1 and other
distros install on this mb with my initial bios config so I have to say that
it is fc2 and not my mb or bios config.

Maybe I need to pass it some boot parameters but I can not see how fc1 will
install to my sata drive but fc2 wont, anyway that is all pointless now as I
now have a dead mb after a failed bios flash %£$£^&&*%%$ and it is only 5
days old

Jeff (very pissed off)