using libmilter, milter-spamc and spamassasin

Hannes Mayer fedora at ancientcoins.biz
Sun May 30 19:40:24 UTC 2004

Scot L. Harris wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-05-30 at 13:33, Hannes Mayer wrote:
>
>>hmm... good idea, but how does one bounce a missed spam to that account
>>with outlook ? I think that's not even possible with moz ?
>>My scenario: RHEL server with the accounts; several windoze/outlook users
>>who POP3 the accounts
>>

> Not sure in Outlook.  Since I loaded FC2 on my laptop I have not used
> outlook.  :)
>
> In evolution you select forward -> redirect from the menu.  Eudora has a
> similar feature but I think they call it bounce.
> hmm, something outlook can't do? :)

Well, when my clients switch to linux and evolution, pink rabbits from
Mars already rule the world for 100 years *g* ;-)

>>I've installed openwebmail.org so the users can review their spam
>>themselfs (all spam is directed to ~/mail/SPAM and this is moved once a
>>week to SPAM2 -> SPAM3 -> dropped), so moving the spam to a general
>>account is easy.
>>This also has a very nice side-effect. Users have to log in to openwebmail
>>at least once to activate spam removal - the ~/mail/ directory is created.
>>If they don't log in, spam is just tagged and delivered.
>>
> That sounds very interesting.  Looks like my todo list just got longer.

That was the best option for my company and the customers. So they are in
total control of their mail and if they miss an important false detection
we cannot be held liable.

I just had another idea. What if the customers move missed spam to a
special folder in openwebmail (~/mail/MISSEDSPAM) ?
openwebmail will make a similar file as procmail does, so the customers -
if they think they get too much missed spam - can move missed spam to that
folder which will be fed to the learning engine once a week. I think that
is an acceptable solution for all people involved.

Good night from Austria 8-)
Hannes.