FC-2 Add/Remove Applications rant ...

Shaun T. Erickson ste at smxy.org
Sun May 30 21:18:03 UTC 2004

Davy Brion wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-05-30 at 22:42, Shaun T. Erickson wrote:
>
>>Is there something else, graphical, that I can use to manage my rpms,
>>both installed and uninstalled, that's not so brain-dead?
>

> i haven't used it myself yet, but i've heard a lot of good things about
> Synaptic with apt.

Ok. I installed apt, then ran the command to select the mirrors. The I
ran apt-get install synaptic as described on the fedora wiki. I get:

[root at dhcppc5 root]# apt-get install synaptic
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
E: Couldn't find package synaptic
[root at dhcppc5 root]#

I must have done something wrong. Suggestions?

	-ste