Nautilus issues on upgrade forn FC1 to FC2

Gerald Thompson geraldt at telus.net
Mon May 31 00:14:38 UTC 2004

Marc Bruggeman wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I had removed the side pane while I was still working on FC1.
>Now that I have upgraded to FC2, I don´t see any option or possibility
>to restore the side pane  (in the Nautilus view menu I do not have the
>show Side pane option !). Also the possibility to run a script is not
>available in the file menu of any nautilus window I open ?!
>
>clicking on the View > Reset view to defaults does not help/change
>anything.
>
>Can anybody give me a clue on how to get the side pane back ???
>
>Thanks,
>Marc

Hi Marc;

Instead of double clicking on Computer or User's Home and opening the
basic Nautilus view.

Try right clicking on Computer or User's Home and left click on Browse
Folder.

Also in the Gnome Menu you can choose Browse Filesystem.

That should open the view that you are used to with Nautilus.

Sincerely,
Gerald