correct format?

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Mon May 31 02:04:47 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-30 at 21:16, Craig Tinson wrote:
> just saw this..
>
> ------------------------
> [craig at craig]# ps -aux
> Warning: bad syntax, perhaps a bogus '-'? See
> http://procps.sf.net/faq.html
> USER       PID %CPU %MEM   VSZ  RSS TTY      STAT START   TIME COMMAND
> root         1  0.2  0.0  2116  464 ?        S    01:33   0:05 init [5]
> etc etc...
>
> I've used -aux with ps ever since I started to learn about linux (about
> 9 years ago with slackware)

There was a difference with the ps option between BSD and System V Unix
systems.  Depending on which system I was on I would use either ps -aux
or ps -eaf.  I have been using ps -eaf on linux systems for awhile.

Had not noticed this on FC2 as I use the -eaf options.
--
Scot L. Harris <webid at cfl.rr.com>