Errormsg symbol __libc_wait, version GLIBC2.0

A.J. Bonnema abonnema at xs4all.nl
Mon Nov 1 02:25:46 UTC 2004

Can anyone help me solve the following error?

{I run FC2 completely up2date, untainted kernel}

My problem is, I want to install TogetherControlCenter 6.1 from Borland
and I keep getting errormessages, so it never gets installed. The
initial problem was an error message indicating that libjvm.so could not
be found.
Using google I found indications that Linux for some reason does not
search upper level directories when looking for shared libraries and
that this can be remedied by defining LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
However, the java jre-environment Borland creates is in a /tmp directory
with a variable name, so I had LD_LIBRARY_PATH point to my own jdk
lib-directory that contains libjvm.so. So I inserted:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/java/j2sdk1.5.0/jre/lib/i386/client:/usr/java/j2sdk1.5.0/jre/lib/i386";export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH

and executed the binary from the cd. However, now the error msg is:

"
Unable to load native library:
/tmp/install.dir.14985/Linux/resource/jre/jre/lib/i386/libjava.so:
symbol __libc_wait, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with
link time reference
"

So probably I need glibc2.0? Is this the right conclusion?
Can I install glibc2.0 besides the default FC2-glibc (2.3)?

Can anyone help me here?

(I include the complete error message at the bottom.)

Guus.
--
A.J. Bonnema, Leiden The Netherlands,
user #328198 (Linux Counter http://counter.li.org)

Preparing to install...
tail: `-1' option is obsolete; use `-n 1'
Try `tail --help' for more information.
./tcc6.1lin.bin: line 329: [: `)' expected, found -z
WARNING! The amount of /tmp disk space required and/or available
could not be determined.  The installation will be attempted anyway.
Extracting the JRE from the installer archive...
Unpacking the JRE...
Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
Configuring the installer for this system's environment...

Launching installer...

head: `-1' option is obsolete; use `-n 1'
Try `head --help' for more information.