Big OOOpppss Re: PS on exclusion Re: FC1 Users: Sample .... One more problem

Beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Mon Nov 1 17:18:17 UTC 2004

On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 12:14:34 -0500, Beartooth wrote:

> On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 20:46:53 -0500, Clint Harshaw wrote:
>
>> Have you tried strace on any
>> of the browsers to see if there is some output that could be helpful
>> there for troubleshooting?
>                  =====
> [root at localhost btth]# strace opera
> -bash: strace: command not found
> [root at localhost btth]#
>                   =====
> So I checked :
>                  =====
> [root at localhost root]# man strace
> No manual entry for strace
> [root at localhost root]# rpm -q strace
> package strace is not installed
> [root at localhost root]#
>                  =====
> I had barely, if ever heard of strace. I did try google
> linux, and found a long but seemingly readable exposition at
> http://www.die.net/doc/linux/man/man1/strace.1.html

--- and hit send instead of rewrap....
I did yum install strace, got Installed:  strace 4.5.4-0.FC1.i386
Transaction(s) Complete -- so I'll try to get to reading that page on line
-- and try man strace again here ...

--
Beartooth Autodidact, curmudgeonly codger learning linux
Remember I know precious little of what I'm talking about!