Wireless problem FC1

Marius Ionescu mionescu at math.uiowa.edu
Tue Nov 2 03:10:10 UTC 2004

Hi.

I have troubles trying to use a wireless PCMCIA card (Alvarion Breezenet
= Orinoco gold) with Fedora Core 1. I am trying to connect to my
university wireless network. Since they use secure connection, I tried
both xsupplicant and a demo version of the Aegis client for linux,  It
seems that I can see the network, it reports the link quality, the key,
essid, and both of the programs say that I am authenticated. But when I
try to use dhclient nothing happens and I receive the message: "No
DHCPOFFERS received.No working leases in persistent database - sleeping."

Do you have any suggestion?
Thank you,
Marius