[Fwd: MPlayer / xine]

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Tue Nov 2 15:36:18 UTC 2004

Joe Dumais wrote:
> I think I found the problem.  I found some documentation that states
> that my Video card does not support xV nor vidix.  Xshm does not work
> either.  It appears that I have the worst possible video card, NVIDIA,
> for doing this.

I have a nVidea card that I got to replace my brand new ATI 9600 that
would not work with FC1 using the ATI drivers.

When RH7 came out, my ATI cards were not supported by XFree86 and I
could not get a replacement card to work in my computer due to PCI
buss problems.  Things progress.

As someone else posted, your card may be old and in order to get the
full features, you will have to bite the bullet and upgrade.

I use mplayer almost daily at home.
--
Robin Laing