Dell Ultra Sharp 2001FP Flat Panel

Usman S. Ansari uansari at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 2 15:43:30 UTC 2004

I have Fedora Core 2 running fine until my monitor died. I decided to
by "Dell Ultra Sharp 2001FP Flat Panel" on recommendation of my
friend.

When booting, I was hoping that kudzu will kick in and reconfigure for
new monitor. It did not.

When I start X on the computer, I get following message from the
monitor

"1:D-SUB cannot display this mode"

How can I configure it ?

I try to start "system-config-display", but get same message above.

I connected this monitor to another (old) computer and started install
process and it did reconize it as

"2001FP (analog)"

So FC 2 does know how to talk (install fails due to disk space
problem).

Any suggestions, how can I configure this monitor for my main PC.

Usman
http://www.beconvinced.com