ClamAV 0.80rc3 and FC1

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Tue Nov 2 17:49:07 UTC 2004

Am Di, den 02.11.2004 schrieb James Kosin um 16:01:

> |>Does anyone know if the FC2 rpm for ClamAV 0.80rc3 will work on
> |>FC1?

> |It should do. But be aware it is no stable ClamAV release but a release
> |candidate for testing. The http://crash.fce.vutbr.cz/crash-hat/1/clamav/
> |repository has version 0.80rc2 as certainly sooner or later rc3 and then
> |the stable release.
> |
> |>Mike

> |Alexander

> Sorry I missed this one.  I have (or will always try to have) the
> latest ClamAV for FC1.  I'm not official yet, but I do sign my own
> packages now.
>
> signature file:
> http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/RPM-GPG-KEY-JAMES
> yum repository location:
> http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/i386

> James Kosin

Hi James!

Thank you for your pointer and your work building some RPMs for FC1 your
own. I would have an insight to them if you would offer the SRC.RPMs as
well. Without the ability to have a look at the source RPMs and/or the
.spec files I do not trust foreign RPMs. You should really consider
making your SRC.RPMs public too - like the other RPM builders do too.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 18:42:59 up 13 days, 16:22, load average: 0.40, 0.29, 0.31