usb/kernel problem

Emiliano Brunetti emiliano.brunetti at fastwebnet.it
Wed Nov 3 12:56:04 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 09:26, Paul Howarth wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 04:38, Jonathan Berry wrote:
> > I don't think I can help with the usb problems, but as far as the kernel source.
> >
> > $ yum list kernel-sourcecode
> >
> > Name                                Arch   Version                  Repo
> > kernel-sourcecode                   noarch 2.6.8-1.521
> > fedora-us-2-updates

Ok, thanks. I didn't know about the new name.

However, usb is still not working. :(

I really need help.

Now it doesn't work even with 2.6.8-1.521 and acpi=off. It did work for
a while, but now it is broken again. I tried to compile a stock kernel,
2.6.9, and it really didn't solve. Anytime i plug a usb device, a memory
stick or a hdd doesn't matter, i still get the 'usual' error message:

usb 2-2: control timeout on ep0out
uhci_hcd 0000:00:1d.1: Unlink after no-IRQ?  Different ACPI or APIC
settings may help

I tried both settings, acpi=off and noapic, and non solved (both with
FC2 kernel and stock kernel).

I hope somebody can help. I am afraid it may be related to a combination
of my hardware (a dell dimension 4500 desktop) and something in the
kernel - but i don't know at least how to figure this out.

Thanks

E.