evolution crashing on startup

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Wed Nov 3 18:02:46 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 10:04 +0000, mlists at tdbnetworks.org wrote:
> I've just got into work this morning and fired up my installation of
> evolution 2 only to get the following error message:
>
> The application "evolution" has quit unexpectedly
>
> has anyone got any ideas on how to fault find this one ?
>
> Thanks

I assume 2.02.

I don't want to send you on a pointless chase so the following is
somewhat speculative.

I have had no problems since I rebuilt the RPMs (ev and data-server) to
target=i686 (which could be entirely coincidental). This also picked up
some additional build dependencies that MIGHT be run dependencies.

The README in the src is inaccurate. I found (when originally trying to
build from source) that you really need a number of Gnome 2.8 packages
that aren't detected as unmet dependencies by configure.

In any event, 2.02 is running flawlessly.