Sound in Fedora 2?

eufordia eufordia at bluebottle.com
Thu Nov 4 21:22:15 UTC 2004

hi

I've updated Red Hat 9.0 to Fedora Core 2.

With Red Hat the system found my sound-card,
now Fedora doesn't find anything!

The "system-config-soundcard" utility doesn't work, its output is:

--
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/system-config-soundcard/system-config-soundcard.py",

self.primaryDeviceMenu.set_active(self.cardList.index(self.soundcardBackend.getDefaultCard()))
ValueError: list.index(x): x not in list
--

...and "sndconfig" doesn't work because he says that the kernel haven't
loaded module soundcore.o.

What do I have to "play music"?

Luca