Installing FC2 on Netware Network.

Matt Morgan minxmertzmomo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 14:29:17 UTC 2004

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 07:31:16 -0500, David Hodge <tchodgd at tcc.edu> wrote:
> I have a Novell NDS based network (IP based using DHCP) and need to
> connect my FC2 box to get internet access.  Can someone point me in the
> right direction.
>
> tks.

It depends how connected you want to be. If you're just trying to get
an IP address via DHCP, you don't need to do anything special. All
DHCP is the same. It's possible the DHCP server is set up with
reservations, which would mean your MAC address has to be added to the
list of acceptable clients (but that would happen on the server, not
on your Fedora box).

If you need a higher level of access, like you have to authenticate to
a proxy server before being allowed out on the net, then probably
you'll have to give us more detail about what exactly you're trying to
do and what's not working (with error messages, for example).

Thanks,
Matt