FC3 DVD slow between probing, screens, etc

Kevin Old kevinold at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 05:00:31 UTC 2004

Hello everyone,

I've dowloaded the FC3 DVD via the bittorrent.  MD5SUM is perfect.
Mediacheck passes.

I'm trying to install it on a Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600 laptop.  Had
FC1 runnng perfect on it.

What happens is when trying to run anaconda it takes about 5 minutes
to probe for my video driver and monitor/display and then takes
another 5 minutes for my mouse.  It identifies all of them, but it's
soooooo slow.  Once in anaconda it's 5 minutes in between config
screens.  By that I mean that when I press the "Next" button it takes
5 minutes to go to the next screen.

During that time there is no DVD, harddrive or cpu activity.

I tried "linux ide=nodma" as I saw a post that had it "stall" after
seeing the "Disabling IRQ #11".  No change.

Any ideas what I can do so that it runs like normal?

Thanks,
Kevin
--
Kevin Old