Upgrade from i386 FC2 to x86_64 FC3

Eric Smith eric at brouhaha.com
Tue Nov 9 20:57:50 UTC 2004

Does it work to upgrade from an i386 Fedora Core to an x86_64 one?
Last night I was going to try this, but Anaconda gave a dire warning
that upgrading to a different architecture would likely break everything,
so I ended up doing a fresh install instead.  But it seems like upgrading
an existing installation from i386 to x86_64 is something that many
people would want to do as they upgrade their hardware.

The warning message was actually wrong; it claimed that I was trying
to upgrade from x86_64 to i386.  I imagine that this was just some
args to printf in the wrong order, but I haven't researched it further.

Eric