Instaliing mysql-administrator (newbie)

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Wed Nov 10 10:19:28 UTC 2004

Brian Fahrlander schrieb:

>On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 12:49, David Hodge wrote:
>

>>I have the .tar.gz file  The instructions say to "go to the directory
>>you would like to have it installed (normally in /opt) and execute the
>>following:
>>
>>>From the shell at the root prompt, how does one get to the /opt
>>directory.
>>
>>I can see it in gnome, but have no idea how to get their from a shell
>>prompt.

you should read:
$ man cd
$ man cp
$ man tar
$ man su
$ man ls
$ man ln

i have both, mysql-administrator  and  mysqlcc  in  /usr/local/
$ ls /usr/local/mysql[tab][tab]
mysql-4.0.21
mysql-4.0.21.tar.gz
mysql-administrator
mysql-administrator-1.0.12-linux.tar.gz
mysqlcc-0.9.4-linux-glibc23
mysqlcc-0.9.4-linux-glibc23.tar.gz

you can test it with
$ /usr/local/mysql-administrator/bin/mysql-administrator
$ /usr/local/mysqlcc-0.9.4-linux-glibc23/mysqlcc

--
shrek-m