Scanning Slides under FC[123]

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Wed Nov 10 16:34:41 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 10:13, Scott Ryan wrote:

> I have a slide scanner. It uses the twain driver for capture and
> controling the slide positioning mechanism. I have never got it to work
> under linux... I have never known anyone to get such a device to work
> under linux either.
>
> I wished that i did a little more research before I bought it...
>
> I did however get it working under vmware with windows, if thats any use
> to you.
>
> If you have any luck, please let me know.

    Like now?  I don't know what model you have, but here's some hope:

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2003-September/008929.html

    None of the hits I'm finding suggest it's perfect to any extent, but
there's hope.  Maybe HP will have something soon?  They're Linux-aware;
maybe they're working on it.

    List of compatible scanners:
http://www.student.uit.no/~pere/linux/sane/sane-devel-20000221-backends.html

    I guess I'll have to check with a service bureau; at least we have
one of those in this town...we're not completely low-tech.  :/

    Thanks!

Brian Fahrländer                  Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                 http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ 5119262
AIM: WheelDweller