Text mode installer

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Wed Nov 10 17:28:29 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 10.11.2004 schrieb Ben Smith um 12:24:

> Bill,
>
> The 'text' option is a kernel option, as are all of the Fedora boot
> parameters.

> Ben

I am not sure about the "text" parameter to be a kernel parameter. At
least you are wrong that all possible boot parameters are kernel
parameters. There are parameters taken by /etc/rc.sysinit (by a running
system) and others are for anaconda (during installation). I would bet
"text" is an anaconda parameter. See in the kernel source the
Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt file for the real kernel parameters.

Regards

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 18:27:28 up 21 days, 16:07, load average: 0.33, 0.31, 0.36