yum update was ineffective?

Gerry Tool gstool at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 11 17:09:39 UTC 2004

William Hooper wrote:

>Gerry Tool said:
>

>>My RHN applet indicated there were 7 updates to be installed, so as
>>root, I ran
>>
>>yum update
>>
>>It went through the paces, eventually downloading 10 packages after
>>several mirror changes to get the total set.  It then presented me with the
>>command line prompt.
>>

>[snip]
>

>>What happened?
>>

>It sounds like, from your own description, that yum exited just after
>downloading the updates.  If you can get this to repeat (preferably with
>some higher debugging level) it would probably be worth a bugzilla entry.
>
>--
>William Hooper

I used yum update this morning and it installed the single update
available just fine.  I'll continue to watch it more carefully and file
a bug report if it fails an update again.  I see from the man page that
debug is meaningful in the range of  0 - 10.  What level would you
suggest I set it?

Thanks.  Gerry