FC3 does not update screen properly

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Nov 11 22:55:27 UTC 2004

Jurgen Kramer wrote:
> I've just installed FC3 x86_64 without problems and installed the nvidia
> driver afterwards. All seems to be working ok but when I started mozilla
> it appeared that some sections of the screen are not updated properly.
> When I move the mouse over these areas the gets painted.
>
> After that it got worse, now I can not even see the menu entries en most
> icons wont show up.
>
> What can be the problem here? This is with both KDE and GNOME. Is this a
> nvidia problem or kernel related? I've installed all available updates.
>
> Jurgen

This sounds similar to the problem with the 815 graphics controller. The
screen does not refresh without adding "NoAccel" as an option within the
   videocard section of the xorg.conf file.

If this problem is happening with another video card and arch, it might
be a non-driver problem that is related to an xorg-x11 flaw within the
new version of X.

I'm on an i686 system,

Jim