Java and Fedora Core 3

Sergiu Giurgiu giurgiu at rogers.com
Thu Nov 11 23:44:44 UTC 2004

hmm,
I had problems also, until I found out that I had installed gcc-java.
and, there is a /usr/bin/java link, that points to that gcc-java binary.
I didn't want to remove that, because I might want to play with it later
on, and, for the moment I have set PATH=/usr/java/jdk1.5.0/bin:$PATH in
my profile. so that ... sun's java gets called first, not gcc-java.
try that, it might solve your problems. sun's jdk work perfectly (1.4.2
and 1.5.0).
sergiu.