The best way of upgrade from " Fedora Core 2 " to " Fedora Core 3 "

Quy NGUYEN DAI nguyendaiquy at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 13:26:09 UTC 2004

On 12 Nov 2004 09:32:39 +0000, Colin Paul Adams
<colin at colina.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>     Quy> On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 10:32:42 +0300, Mikhail Kalenkov
>     Quy> <mkalenkov at mail.ru> wrote:
>     >> 2) Upgrade using yum login as root, change yum.conf
>     >> appropriately in order to yum uses "Fedora Core 3" repositories
>     >> root# yum upgrade
>
>     Quy> This method works well for me
>
> Can you tell me where it is documented? (I mean, what changes to make
> to yum.conf, and any other considerations that might apply - e.g. are
> there configuration changes that need to be made after the upgrade)
>
> I take it this means upgrading a running system (which will continue
> to operate normally during the upgrade process), and then re-booting?

Unfortunately I dont know if there is some doc for this subject.
But I have problem with Anaconda so I can not install FC3 directly.
1) I installed FC2 with minimum configuration (about ~ 560M). After
that I done all updates for FC2.
2) Install two packages : fedora-release-3-8 & yum-2.1.11-3 of FC3 on
updated FC2
3) Use good yum.conf of FC2 to upgrade to FC3 by running:
  yum update
4) Add more packages for FC3 by using yum always.
By this way I have FC3 now which runs without any problem.

HTH,
( PS: Sorry for my poor english)
--
http://vnoss.org/forum/