A modest proposal

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Fri Nov 12 16:37:20 UTC 2004

We should really create a new list for FC3. Trying to decide how to
answer questions of a combined FC1-FC2-FC3 are near impossible
especially if the questioner does not indicate which distribution
he/she is using.

After 35 years, I have finished a comprehensive study of European
comparative law.  In Germany, under the law, everything is prohibited,
except that which is permitted.  In France, under the law, everything
is permitted, except that which is prohibited.  In the Soviet Union,
under the law, everything is prohibited, including that which is
permitted.  And in Italy, under the law, everything is permitted,
especially that which is prohibited.
		-- Newton Minow,
		Speech to the Association of American Law Schools, 1985
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
One Trinity Place.