yum in FC3 configuration file

david walcroft david_walcroft at yahoo.com.au
Sat Nov 13 06:27:07 UTC 2004

david walcroft wrote:

> Paul Howarth wrote:
>

> <  snip  >
>

>> Set "enabled=0" in all the repo files that you don't want included by
>> default, then use "yum --enablerepo=repository" to select packages from
>> that repository. This will enable that repository just for that yum run.
>>
>> Paul.
>

> Thanks Paul.
>
>      david

Paul,
       I have tried to setup yum.repos.d and I'm not getting very far,I
set up for
example 'dag-extras.repo' with

[dag]
name=Dag APT Repository
baseurl=http://dag.freshrpms.net/fedora/$releasever/en/$basearch/dag
        http://dag.atrpms.net/fedora/$releasever/en/$basearch/dag/

http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/freshrpms/pub/dag/fedora/$releasever/en/$basearch/dag
enable=0
gpgcheck=1

in the file,using "sudo yum --enablerepo=dag-extras.repo update"
I get an "Error getting repository data for dag-extras.repo, repository
not found"
now as far I know the data is there.But putting the dag repo in yum.conf
it works
So what am I doing wrong.

 Thanks    david