Problem Mounting 2nd Hard Disk

Brian Richardson brian at cubik.ca
Sat Nov 13 14:57:07 UTC 2004

On 13-Nov-04, at 6:11 AM, Carl Lucas wrote:

[ snip ]

> When I run "mount /dev/hdb1 /home/carl/drive2" I get:
> mount: /dev/hdb1 already mounted or /home/carl/drive2 busy
>
> I also tried "mount -t auto /dev/hdb1 /home/carl/drive2" with the same
> message.

[ snip ]

> What am I doing wrong?

You need to mount the actual Logical Volume, rather than the drive; ie.
You can't mount the LVM partition directly. A simple

   # mount /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01 /home/carl/drive2

should mount the logical volume under /home/carl/drive2

As you can see from the lvdisplay program, you have two logical volumes
on /dev/hdb

Brian
--
Brian Richardson