Fedora and amd64...

Jurgen Kramer gtm.kramer at inter.nl.net
Sat Nov 13 16:48:00 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-11-13 at 12:40 +0200, Antti wrote:
> Those who have tried and are using 64bit fedora could you tell your
> difficulties with it? I'd like to hear 'em. What about things you gyes
> think as a good and useful? Could you tell those too?
>
> So this is britty much what good and bad is in 64bit fedora(3). ;)
>
> -Antti-

I tried FC3 x86_64 on my dual Xeon (EM64T) system. Setup went really
smooth but after booting VESA did not work (My Nvidia card is to new for
X). After installing the 64-bit version of the Nvidia binary driver I
got X working but the screen would not update properly. This is on a
very recent system (Dual Xeon EM64T, i7525 with 6300ESB, PCI Express
Nvidia 6600GT...). Maybe support for AMD64 is more
stable at the moment. I'm back to plain 32-bit for now.

Jurgen